Overview[edit | edit source]
Military Strongholds come in three sizes:
- Small Military
- Medium Military
In each stronghold, there are three possible objectives - to kill the captain, to kill the commander, and/or to find the treasure hidden inside. Completing the objective will reward players with XP as well, the amount of which depends on the size of the stronghold.
Before attacking a stronghold, it is recommended that players use Senu to scout the location and mark all enemies and treasures.
Objectives and Rewards by Size[edit | edit source]
The table below lists the objectives for all three stronghold sizes, as well as the possible XP reward.
|Stronghold Size||Objectives||XP Reward|
||200, 400, or 600 XP|
||300, 600, or 900 XP|
||500, 1,000, or 1,500 XP|
Usable Objects in Strongholds[edit | edit source]
- Ammo Racks: Look for those when you need to restock on ammo or tools.
- Ballistae: Usually, enemy soldiers will use these when they detect you. If this happens, make sure to get out of the line of fire as quickly as possible. However, you can also use the ballistae if stealth is not an option. They fire arrows rapidly, so whatever direction you point them in, will be free of enemies in no time.
- Oil Jars: You can pick these up, in order to move or throw them. Also, they explode when hit with fire. Beware, however, as they will alert most enemies nearby.
- Braziers: In some of the bigger strongholds, players will encounter some braziers. Enemies can light them in order to call in reinforcements. When a white brazier icon appears above an enemy, make sure you stop them before they reach the brazier. If the icon becomes red, this means that it's too late and reinforcements are already on their way. Alternatively, you can interact with the braziers before alerting any enemies. This will rig them to explode when they are lit and reinforcements will not arrive.
- Vantage Points: Look for usable vantage points around the stronghold. They will often be occupied by enemy snipers, so make sure to clear them out in order to make the upcoming fight easier for yourself.
- Hiding Locations: When you are inside strongholds, make sure you are always aware of the nearest hiding locations, such as haystacks, hiding booths, or tall grass. You never know when you might need to hide from your enemies.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Attacking strongholds at night will usually result in fewer active enemies to deal with. A lot of soldiers will be sleeping inside buildings or on the rooftops. However, make sure that they do not wake up. Either kill them in advance or do not alert the stronghold.
- Hay carts can be used to infiltrate strongholds. Whenever you see a cart of hay moving towards a stronghold, hide in the hay and ride all the way inside. This could save you a lot of troubles with infiltrating an enemy base the regular way.
- Vehicles can be set on fire while they enter strongholds. This makes for a great distraction.